Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2nd oregon TRIP

 last weekend me and my coach made our second trip to oregon for the USASA Slopestyle at Timberline. It was fun, with a new Savai snowboard under my feet I probably had the best two days of snowboarding in a long time. After having a small rail session the night before it was time to compete. around 10:30 we were registered and had an hour for course inspection. being the biggest jumps ive hit since my shoulder injury i was pretty nervous, but i powered through it and just straight aired them. once the competition started i was still nervous. Most of my points came from my jibs, due to my lack of practicing on the jumps i had only been straight airing them in the competion and ended ina fifth place finish. however, its a different story for my coach. Stomping his run with a Backside Rodeo 5 to switch 1 to frontside rodeo 7? he ended up in second place making a place for him in the mens open category for the USASA Hood Series. Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment